• Guidelines for Publishing Web Pages on the Internet - page 2
• Registration Flier for Nora Keohane Hickey - page 3
• Diversity in American Last Names - page 4
• Registration Flier for NEHGS Library Trip - page 5
• Book Review - Royal Families: Samuel Appleton - page 6
• Nancy Peterson's "Major Northeastern Holdings" - pages 7 and 8
• New Books in the Library - pages 6 and 9
• New Members List - pages 9 and 10
The CGS News, edited by Jane Hufft and produced by Lois Elling, is published six times a year by the California Genealogical Society. An annual subscription to the bimonthly newsletter is included in a society membership ($35 per year). For membership information, visit the CGS Web site.
The newsletter keeps members up-to-date regarding speakers, trips, and other events of interest to family history researchers. Articles on relevant aspects of California history and ongoing publication of vital records are some of the regular topics. Back issues of the CGS News are available at the Web site in the "Members Only" section.