The California Genealogical Society (CGS) and the Oakland Regional Family History Center (ORFHC) are combining resources again to present an encore Intermediate Genealogy Series, starting February 9, 2010.
Classes will be held on eight consecutive Tuesday evenings from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. All sessions will be held at the Oakland Regional Family History Center, 4766 Lincoln Avenue, Oakland, California. In addition, there will be a field trip to the California Genealogical Society Library on Saturday, March 27, 2010.
- 02/09 Probate and Guardianship Records
- 02/16 Church and Cemetery Records
- 02/23 United States Military Records
- 03/02 Using Newspapers for Genealogical Research
- 03/09 Land, Property, Maps and Gazetteers
- 03/16 Reading & Transcribing the Handwriting of Colonial America
- 03/23 Immigration and Naturalization
- 03/27 Field Trip to the CGS Library
- 03/30 Other Resources and Solving Problems
• Class size is limited. Walk-ins allowed if space available.
• Pre-registration is required.
• Nominal fee of $15 is charged for materials.
• $10.00 off a CGS membership if you join by March 30, 2010.
For more details, download the registration flier.