Over 1800 people attended the Sacramento Valley National Cemetery ceremony which culminated an annual project involving many volunteers from 4H, Civil Air Patrol, DAR, Patriot Guard, Missing in America, Cemetery Support Committee, and Friends of the Cemetery. Donations supplied 5,570 wreaths for the cemetery, one for every headstone. Rain did not deter placement of the wreaths to remember and honor the memory of all fallen heroes who served and sacrificed their lives for our freedoms.Wreaths Across America, a non profit 501-c3 organization, was formed as an extension of the Arlington Wreath Project, started by Morrill Worcester (Worcester Wreath) in 1992 with the donation and laying of 5000 Christmas wreaths in Arlington National Cemetery.
- 405 participating locations, including the 24 national cemeteries on foreign soil
- 161,000 total wreaths placed to honor our servicemen and women
- Over 100,000 volunteers participated in the wreath-laying events
- Over 7,500 in attendance at Arlington National Cemetery
- Approximately 15,000 in attendance at Houston National Cemetery - the single largest wreath-laying event nationwide
- 1,800 in attendance at Sacramento Valley National Cemetery