For the third year in a row the California Genealogical Society (CGS) and the Oakland Regional Family History Center (ORFHC) are teaming up to present the 2011 Winter Intermediate Genealogy Series. Classes are designed for the researcher who wants to go beyond the basics.
Reserve your space now!
The course has been completely overhauled since last year's series and includes new material and more sessions. Ten classes will be held on Tuesday evenings from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. at the Oakland Regional Family History Center, 4766 Lincoln Avenue, Oakland, California. Classes begin on January 18, 2011 and run through March 22, 2011. The series includes a Saturday field trip to the California Genealogical Society Library on February 26, 2011.
- 01/18 Probate and Guardianship Records
- 01/25 Cemetery Records
- 02/01 Church Records
- 02/08 Newspaper Research
- 02/15 Military Records
- 02/22 Finding Country Cousins in Land and Property Records
- 02/26 Field Trip to the California Genealogical Society Library
- 03/01 Seeking City Slickers in Lesser-Known Records
- 03/08 Reading and Transcribing Old Handwriting
- 03/15 Immigration and Naturalization
- 03/22 Solving Your Toughest Genealogy Problems
• Class size is limited. Walk-ins allowed if space available.
• Nominal fee of $30 for the entire series and syllabus.
• Pre-registration is required.
• $10.00 off a CGS membership upon completion of the series (expires 3/31/11).
Download the series flier for full class descriptions.
Copyright © 2010 by Kathryn M. Doyle, California Genealogical Society and Library