Here are Jeff's ten reasons you should sign up for the CGSL tour to the Allen County Public Library (ACPL) in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- Six days of uninterrupted research!
- A leader to help you with your research problems (Jeffrey Vaillant).
- Talk non-stop genealogy to other participants to help solve problems.
- Fantastic resources for the Midwest and other parts of the country. Search the Genealogy Center catalog at: http://smartcat.acpl.lib.in.us/?skin=genealogy.
- Open stacks – the new library opened in February 2007.
- A lecture by Curt Witcher, Manager, Historical Genealogy Department, Allen County Public Library.
- ACPL is the creator of PERSI – the Periodical Source Index. You can do all your periodical research and all periodicals are there to use. (You can search PERSI at CGS or on HeritageQuest).
- Unique resources due to their book binding service.
- Great accommodations at the Courtyard Marriott, one and one-half blocks from library.
- You chose this one:
- Get away from the kids
- Don’t have to cook
- Pick your own schedule
- See the TinCaps minor league baseball team
- Visit an auto museum
- Learn the tune to "Back Home in Indiana."
Copyright © 2011 by Kathryn M. Doyle, California Genealogical Society and Library