Saturday, March 10, 2012
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
California Genealogical Society and Library
2201 Broadway, Suite LL2
Oakland, California 94612
Genealogy enthusiasts know that organizing and de-cluttering the vast amounts of documents, photos, certificates and records required to create a picture of a family’s history can be intimidating and time-consuming.
Lorel Kapke has created a tool to organize genealogy documents, research, and photos in one place to make it easy to recognize what you are missing. Join Lorel and learn how Sort Your Story software can help you:
- Organize and de-clutter your family’s important documents and photos
- Store valuable and irreplaceable data in one place in case of emergency or loss
- Easily run reports to spot trends, similarities, missing data and more in order to build a complete picture of your family’s history
- Compile data for submission to ancestry sites or self-publishers
- Simply and cost-effectively manage the vast amounts of data required to create a family history
This workshop is limited to thirty participants and is a free benefit of membership. Non-members fee is $20.00 (non-refundable) and can be applied towards membership on the day of the workshop.
Preregistration is required. Walk-ins will not be admitted. Registration confirmations will be sent to the first thirty participants to register. Additional names will be collected and placed on a waiting list in case of cancellations.
Sort Your Story, an organizational software tool that stores genealogy records simply and conveniently on your Mac or PC computer. Kapke is currently 1st vice-president of programs at the Sonoma County Genealogy Society where she has served in a variety of capacities, including one year as president.
Copyright © 2012 by Kathryn M. Doyle, California Genealogical Society and Library