Come and celebrate the release of the 1940 U.S. Census by searching for your ancestors with other researchers!
When: Monday, April 9, 2012, 2:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
• Create a list of relatives with their possible locations and addresses in 1940.
• Visit Steve Morse's 1940 Census ED Finder to narrow down enumeration districts for your ancestors—this will be helpful for ancestors living in major cities.
• Bring a list of ancestors to search for and your laptop computer
• Invite a friend to join you for the festivities
• Contribute by volunteering to index a portion of the census for FamilySearch.Org
• Expect to have a great time searching with fellow genealogists and family historians!
This event is co-hosted by the California Genealogical Society, the African American Genealogical Society of Northern California, and the Oakland California Family History Center.
Can't make the event? If you need guidance finding your people on the unindexed 1940 census, the California Genealogical Society is here to help. Consider using our extended research service.
Copyright © 2012 by Kathryn M. Doyle, California Genealogical Society and Library