Facebook is updating their look again and "Pages" are being moved to the new "Timeline" format. Non-profits have the opportunity to use new features to jazz things up and present an historical perspective. Like most genealogical societies and libraries, we don't have a marketing budget so we've completed the transfer with volunteer time and "creativity on a shoestring."
The Publications/Marketing Committee discussed cover photo options at the March 6, 2012 meeting. After weighing several options, the group unanimously chose Judy Bodycote's great black-and-white photograph of our volunteers at work in the library. Judy is also responsible for editing and enhancing the photograph of the California Genealogical Society's first president – Dr. Edward Stephen Clark – for the start of our timeline.
Changes implemented so far:
- Cover photo and thumbnail of the CGS seal as our inset photo.
- Milestones – "founded" in 1898. Only 114 more years of CGS history to record!
- Pinned posts – featured the Insider's Guide to California Research.
- Applications – featuring our YouTube and Twitter pages.
- Message inbox is activated for fans who want to contact us privately.
Copyright © 2012 by Kathryn M. Doyle, California Genealogical Society and Library