CGS member, Virginia Kysh, sent word of this upcoming annual spring seminar sponsored by the Sacramento German Genealogical Society.
Saturday, April 21, 2012
9:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
(Registration 7:30 - 9:00 a.m.)
Sacramento Turn Verein
3349 J Street
Topics will include:
- German Maps and Territories
- German Gazetteers and Levels of Jurisdiction
- Marriage Laws and Customs
- Elusive Immigrants
- U.S. Federal Land Case Files – Key Records for German Immigrants
- Welcome to the Library – Reading to Put Your Family into Historical Context
Warren Bittner, CG is a genealogical researcher and lecturer, with twenty-five years of research experience. He is the owner of Ancestors Lost and Found, a small genealogical research firm and was the former German Collection Manager for the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. Bittner has done extensive research in U.S., German, and Swiss records, and is an expert in late nineteenth-century New York City Research.
Copyright © 2012 by Kathryn M. Doyle, California Genealogical Society and Library