The California Genealogical Society will be hosting a table with four computers for attendees who are interested in family history. CGS member volunteers will be assisting participants who want to practice using the internet to access ours and other genealogy websites. Member volunteer Mary Beth Frederick will present a "Beginning Genealogy" workshop at 2:15 p.m. Director Pat Gallagher is spearheading our participation.
- Informative plenary sessions in the North and South Light Courts of City Hall
- Workshops on a wide range of topics – the What and Why of broadband computer access
- Interactive, hands-on computer niches where people can try out different learning opportunities, including medical research, Facebook, email and more
- Large-scale video displays featuring website demonstrations in which conference attendees can actually participate
- Program and workshop translation offered for Spanish and Cantonese speaking participants
The Summit and computer installation, access and training are funded by the City with a federal Broadband Technology Opportunities Program (BTOP) grant.
If you would like more information about the event, sponsorship, ways to volunteer, email email@example.com or register online.
Copyright © 2012 by Kathryn M. Doyle, California Genealogical Society and Library