Jane Lindsey, former CGS president and past NEHGS Trustee, leads our biennial trip to Boston, Massachusetts. Accommodations are at the Boston Common Hotel and Conference Center in the Copley Square area of downtown Boston, located about three blocks from NEHGS.
The tour begins Monday morning with a brief orientation. Since the NEHGS library is closed on Monday, participants will have the option that day of visiting the Massachusettes State Archives, Suffolk or Middlesex County courthouses, Massachusettes Historical Society or Boston Public Library.
The Tour Package includes:
- Hotel room (7 nights, single occupancy)
- Monday morning orientation
- Free day Monday to visit your choice of several repositories or sight-see in Boston
- Tuesday orientation at NEHGS
- Daily continental breakfast
- Two group dinners (Monday and Saturday) at local restaurants
- Optional pre-trip consultations with Jane Lindsey
- On-site lectures - to be announced
|Linda Darby and Sandy Fryer at NEHGS in 2008.|
The cost is $1674.00 (airfare not included). A deposit of $300 is required by July 15, 2012, to hold one space. Download the tour flier for full details and cancellation and refund policy. Tour participants must be members of both the California Genealogical Society and the New England Historic Genealogical Society.
The first group dinner will be on Monday evening. NEHGS is open 9:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Wednesdays. The Boston Public Library, near the hotel, is open until 9:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and has an excellent microtext department with a wonderful newspaper collection.
Photographs courtesy of Jane Lindsey, Boston, MA, 9/22/2008.
Copyright © 2012 by Kathryn M. Doyle, California Genealogical Society and Library