Who Should Take this Course?
This course is for genealogists and family historians who are ready to transform their research into a quality family history.
This course will meet for a five-hour session one Saturday a month at the library in the Learning Center. Class size is limited to twelve participants. All sessions are on Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with one hour break for lunch.
The course will provide participants with all the information and assistance needed to get started on writing a family history. The course includes
- a copy of the class text Producing a Quality Family History
- helpful course materials organized in a binder
- step-by-step instruction in organizing and writing your history
- a variety of lecturers on topics to expand on reading assignments
- experienced instructors
- editing and writing help
- Saturday, February 16, 2013
- Saturday, March 16, 2013
- Saturday, April 20, 2013
- Saturday, May 18, 2013
- Saturday, June 15, 2013
- Attendance is required at all five sessions.
- There is no registration for individual sessions.
- Participants must be willing to commit a reasonable amount of time to the homework assignments, which consist of reading assigned chapters in the provided text and working on individual writing projects.
Copyright © 2012 by Kathryn M. Doyle, California Genealogical Society and Library.