|President Jeffrey Vaillant|
12:00 p.m. - Potluck buffet and social hour
1:00 p.m. - Annual Business Meeting
California Genealogical Society Library
2201 Broadway, Suite LL2
Oakland, CA 94612
The bylaws of the California Genealogical Society specify that the regular January membership meeting shall be the Annual Business Meeting "at which time the annual budget shall be adopted and all appropriate business presented."
Last year Diana Edwards and Linda Okazaki shook things up and organized a potluck buffet lunch and social hour before the meeting. It was so successful that members lunch together and socialize for an hour before every quarterly membership meeting.
The January potluck buffet is being planned by Diana Edwards, Kathie Heller, and Diana Wild. Members are invited to join the festivities and bring a dish to share. Beverages will be provided. The reception will start at 12:00 p.m. in the Education Center.
The Annual Business Meeting will start promptly at 1:00 p.m. President Jeff Vaillant will preside.
Agenda items include:
- treasurer's report and presentation of results of the review of the investment portfolio and financial records by Edie
- presentation and approval of the society budget
- consideration of the change to the bylaws
- report from the nominating committee by Karen Lemelin
- election of new board members
- brief committee reports
- remarks from the president
Photograph by Kathryn Doyle, Oakland, California, 1/12/2013.