The 2013 Nominating Committee – Diana Edwards, Jane Lindsey, and Chair Karen Lemelin – announce the nominations for the 2014-2015 board of directors for the California Genealogical Society. Nominations will be presented at the Annual Business Meeting on Saturday, January 11, 2014 at 1:00 p.m.
The nominated members for board of director positions are:
- Felicia Addison
- Tim Cox
- Edie Daly
- Glenn Koch
- Marcelle White
The five nominees will be nominated for their first two-year board term ending in 2016 (1-2016). Please note that Edie Daly completed the interim board position vacated by Laura Lee Karp and is now nominated for her first full term.
Diana Edwards and Shannon Reese are continuing their first terms (1-2015). Kim Cotton, Ellen Fernandez-Sacco, Karen Lemelin, and Nicka Smith are nominated for their second terms (2-2016). Lisa Gorrell, Henry Snyder, and Jim Sorenson are continuing their second terms (2-2015). Stephen Harris has completed his term as past-president and will not be serving another term. Jeff Vaillant will serve as past-president.
The California Genealogical Society's bylaws outline the requirements for Directors in Article V, Section 1:
- The number of directors shall be not less than five (5) nor more than twenty (20).
- The last active past president, he or she consenting, shall serve as a Member of the Board of Directors until replaced by a new past president willing to serve on the Board of Directors.
- Immediate family members of Directors are ineligible for candidacy during the period of the sitting Director's term.
- The term of each Director shall be two (2) years from the date of election.
- Any vacancy in the Board during an unexpired term may but is not required to be filled by the Board. Such Director shall serve until a successor Director is elected.
- Directors shall be limited to a maximum of three successive two-year terms, or a total of six (6) consecutive years.