Join the California Genealogical Society's president Linda Harms Okazaki on a research trip to the National Archives in Washington DC and College Park MD, plus the library at the Daughters of the American Revolution. An additional day is planned for research at the Library of Congress. Attendees may register for an optional lecture at USCIS (United States Immigration and Citizenship Services).
- Guests will stay eight nights at the Holiday Inn, Rosslyn.
- Two group dinners are planned, taking place on November 13 and 20.
- Guests will provide their own transportation to the DC area, as well as their own transportation within the city (metro, taxi), plus meals excluding the group dinners.
- Transportation to College Park, MD will be provided.
- Orientation sessions will be offered in August and September to help attendees prepare for the trip.
- The trip will be co-led by professional genealogist Victoria Kinnear (Sunday through Thursday).
- Certified genealogist, Darcie Hind Posz, will offer one-hour consultations on Sunday and will assist researchers Monday through Wednesday.
- This trip is suitable for intermediate researchers, and above.
Victoria Kinnear, owner of My Ancestors Lived Here, is a professional genealogist with deep Maryland roots. She currently serves on the Executive Board of the Maryland Genealogical Society. She is also President of the North Capital Area Chapter of the Association of Professional Genealogists and Registrar for the Mary Young Pickersgill Chapter of the Daughters of 1812.
Victoria has researched for television shows including Henry Lewis Gates’ Finding Your Roots and Genealogy Roadshow for the past two seasons. Victoria completed the Boston University Certificate course in Genealogy and GENFED.
|Darcie Hind Posz|
Darcie Hind Posz, CG, is a genealogist, author and researcher. Recipient of the ASG Scholar Award, she has authored articles that have been published in The Nugget, The Genealogist, National Genealogical Society Quarterly, and The American Genealogist.
What's the cost?
- $1895 for a single room
- $1275 for a double room
*Please add $40 if you are not a member of The California Genealogical Society
Payment in full is required and refunds cannot be issued after October 1. Trip insurance is always recommended.
Please indicate your roommate choice, if you are traveling with a researching companion. If you would like to share a room, we will do our best to assign a roommate. **If a roommate is not available, there is a chance you will be assigned to a single room at the single rate.
What else might I do in D.C.?
Some guests might want to visit the Smithsonian’s new African American Museum slated to open in September or the Japanese American Exhibit at the National Museum of American History.
Ready to join us? Great, sign-up today and be a part of this amazing trip---we hope to see you there!
Copyright © 2016 by California Genealogical Society