Come to the Library to check out our Vertical Files Grand Opening hosted by Pat Bonderud and Linda Darby, September 10th, from 12pm to 12:30pm. Light refreshments will be served.
|Photos by Maureen Hanlon|
Both members and non-members have contributed the contents of these files over our 100-year history.
To make your search easier, we have an online Vertical File database index that includes: a title (usually a surname), brief description of the contents, time frame, and geographic location for each file. A few examples include:
• 1856 Ogle County, Illinois marriage certificate for Philo Wood and Almira McKinnery.
• 1925 Iowa Adjutant General's Certificate regarding James Strain's (of Crawfordville, Iowa) military service in the Civil War.
• 1911 statement by Mrs. E. J. Grady of New Jersey regarding Alexander Desnoyers, her grandfather, who had resided in Quebec.
• O’Bryant surname: Research material including marriage and death certificates, charts and photographs from Kenneth G. Felton of Castro Valley, Calif. in his quest to find M. A. Bruer who married James Ira Nelson in Dec. 1891.
• Mesa surname: Death certificate and obituary for Frank Mesa (1835-1910); photo of daughter, Lucy M. Mesa (1875-1944) with vital information; Lucy Mesa’s death certificate and wedding announcement; and death certificate for Harry Durand Wilkinson (1876-1946)
• Miller surname: Marriage records of the Miller family, 7 pages. Includes the Miller family Bible records, plus marriage certificates for Clement H. Miller & Alice W. Davis, and Samuel Miller born 1801.
• The History of the Bibber Family at Harpswell, Maine by Rev. Chas. N. Sinnett, Fayette, Iowa .
Please Register for this FREE Event. We hope to see you there!
Copyright © 2016 by California Genealogical Society