Happy Holidays! Now that the holiday season has begun, I hope you’ll take a minute to think about some of our genealogy accomplishments this year and why you should be proud to continue supporting the California Genealogical Society through our Annual Appeal.
What were “firsts” for us this year?
- We held our sold-out and well-received fall seminar with Cyndi Ingle, founder of Cyndi’s List.
- We participated in our first ever East Bay Gives community day of online giving and raised $3,000.
- We conducted in-house consultations in conjunction with Ancestry Day by the Bay.
- We created a genealogy “summer camp” that was held on Thursday evenings in July and August.
- We began a Young Genealogists group, an Irish Genealogy-focused Facebook page, and a Roots Magic Special Interest Group.
We’re incredibly lucky to have an educational space for classes and events that brings us closer together as a genealogical community. Isn’t it fun to meet people who have the same passion for genealogy as you?
In all seriousness, our library is the cornerstone of our organization, housing a collection of thousands of books, maps, periodicals, pedigree charts, manuscripts, vertical files, and other resources.
Have you been to the library lately? If not, come to the library and access the numerous online subscriptions available including American Ancestors, Ancestry.com, Find My Past, Fold3, and HistoryGeo.
In just over a year, the California Genealogical Society will reach a milestone, our 120th Anniversary. As we get closer to this achievement, the goal is to ensure that our society remains a leader in the field of genealogy. Your donation will help us to do that, and more.
Give to an organization that cherishes the past
At this time of year, we know that other charities and organizations are all competing for your time and resources. We also know that you are the reason that the California Genealogical Society continues to thrive nearly 120 years after our 1898 establishment.
Donate today and help us make the annual appeal a success. Thank you.
Copyright © 2016 by California Genealogical Society